Friday, July 1, 2011

Jim Swimm


1.  Have you ever had a transcendent experience?  If so, what happened?

~ This is probably not the type of answer you're looking for, but...the closest to 'transcendent' experience I've ever had was the funeral for my friend, Earnest Straughter, while I was in college. Being amongst hundreds of people, sharing that sadness and mourning, escalated my grief to such a level that I nearly lost consciousness.  It was awful to go through but thoroughly cathartic.

2.  If you had to pick one sense and lose all others, what would it be?

~ Sight.  While the thought of living in a world with no sound or taste is absolutely miserable to me, I think living sightless would be far more difficult and an overwhelming challenge.

3.  What is your favorite attribute in a person?

~ I'm not really into picking a 'favorite' anything, for something like human attributes especially.  There are so many wonderful characteristics mixed up into a unique blend in all of us.  Picking one above all others just seems...pointless.

4.  Describe your happiest accident.

~ I don't know if it counts as an 'accident' but I sure wasn't looking to fall in love so deeply with my dog, Louis, on the day I found him.  I wandered into a pet store, held him for five minutes, and instantly decided I would fall over dead on the spot if he didn't come home with me that very day.  And I couldn't be happier that it happened.

5.  If you had to choose one personal object to leave behind when you are gone, what would it be?

~ Honey...if I'm gone, then what the hell do I care what object is left laying around without me?  Of course, I don't give much of a damn about 'objects' while I'm still here, so I guess I would say that, wouldn't I?

* Please forgive the heavy use of the single-quotation marks.  I don't know 'what' got into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment