Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Luke Leonard

1.  Have you ever had a transcendent experience?  

Today.  


If so, what happened?  


I adopted an alter ego.


2.  If you had to pick one sense and lose all others, what would it be?

The Sixth Sense.


3.  What is your favorite attribute in a person?  

Discipline.


4.  Describe your happiest accident.  

Having a splinter go under my thumbnail all the way up to my knuckle while "bear crawling" over a telephone pole during a football drill.  My thumb got infected and the knuckle swelled with puss.  For months I would sterilize a needle by burning the tip with a match, then poke a hole in my skin to push all of the puss out.  Eventually, tiny splinters began to surface.  It was quite fascinating and entertaining.

Honestly, I don't know.  I love happy accidents and look for them when making theatre.  (The answers to these questions will surely change.)  I experience and keep an eye out for happy accidents all of the time.

Maybe my happiest accident to date was attending the MFA Directing program at the University of Texas at Austin.  I applied on a whim thinking for sure they wouldn't accept me since they only take one or two directors per year, so I feel it was sort of accidental.  It turned out to be an experience that surpassed my expectations and fulfilled some wild dreams.


5.  If you had to choose one personal object to leave behind when you are gone, what would it be?  

Option 1) An archive of my work.  Option 2) My boots.  My daughter keeps saying that she wants a pair.  Option 3) A necklace my mother gave to me that reads, "Be the change you want to see in the world."  Option 4) A seed to plant from the more than 400 year old majestic oak tree that my great-grandfather used to climb when he was a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment