Monday, August 16, 2010

Greg Skura

1.  Have you ever had a transcendent experience?  If so, what happened?

Yes --  in Amsterdam (and no drugs were involved at all!), about five years ago.  I was walking with a friend across a bridge over a canal...and I had a sudden moment where everything, everything was totally clear and in sync -- the colors, the sounds, the smells, all came together in a crystallized moment in time, and I felt I was totally a part of it.  Everything "clicked"; nothing was wrong, all was beautiful and timeless.  Seriously.  And then I realized I was having the moment and poof!  It went away.  I'll never forget it.  

I've also experienced this feeling a handful of times immediately following a brilliant piece of theatre -- I've literally felt frozen, as if floating above my seat, unable and unwilling to move for a full minute or so.  I remember feeling this way after a production of Edward Albee's A Delicate Balance.  Also after a production of Eugene O'Neill's The Iceman Cometh.


2.  If you had to pick one sense and lose all others, what would it be?
 
I think I'd need to keep my sense of touch.  I think it'd be impossible to navigate the world without it.


3.  What is your favorite attribute in a person?
 
A capacity for being open.


4.  Describe your happiest accident.
 
Spilling a beer on my laptop.  It allowed me to leave the world of PC's and join the world of being a Mac owner.


5.  If you had to choose one personal object to leave behind when you are gone, what would it be?
 
My wedding ring -- it's a very powerful piece of jewelry and I would like for someone else to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment