Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Linda Sadowski


1.  Have you ever had a transcendent experience? If so, what happened?

Have I ever had a transcendent experience? Well, maybe this might pass as one. I've always been fascinated with the paranormal and I'm a bit of a skeptic. One night I was invited to a seance at a friends' house. This was complete with a so-called medium. I say so-called because there she is moaning , groaning and swaying back and forth sounding and looking like she was having a really good time all by herself. I was really having a hard time trying to keep it together and not be rolling on the floor in uncontrollable laughter. I decided to stare at this large painting on the wall across from me in order to tune this fake out. The painting was branches with birds perched on them. As I was staring the painting changed, it became a bay window with blinds open and I could see a spot light shining down from a telephone pole. I'm thinking to myself, “holy shit”, I blinked a few times and the birds and branches were back. After everyone left I told her what I saw., she said, “Oh my god, that was a big window with blinds and I would sit on the sofa waiting for Joe to come home I could see his car because the street lamp would shine on my driveway. We built on a room for my son on the other side of the painting.


2. If you had to pick one sense and lose all others, what would it be?

If I had to pick one sense it would be touch. I would really only lose taste and smell if I choose touch. I would still be able to see with my fingers, memories and imagination. I would still be able to hear through braille, sense when I read I see and hear a movie in my head. I would still be able to hear or sense music through it's vibrations. I don't think I'd like to live in a world where I couldn't feel the warmth of the sun on my face, the warm gentle touch of another person and the cool liquid velvety feel of water flowing over my hand.


3. What is your favorite attribute in a person?

This is hard, two come to mind immediately honesty and humor. We have to be honest enough to know we are not perfect and see the humor in our imperfections. I also think the ability or effort to see the good or positive hidden in people and things we don't understand. What would that be, compassionate – optimist?


4. Describe your happiest accident.

My happiest accident was Lindsay, my one and only baby girl. Lindsay almost wasn't. I had never been a fan of those drooling, snotty, vomity, poopy, needy and brutally honest things they call children. Plus they terrified me. I was 36 and the Dr. took me off the PILL because of my age and I was a smoker. I decided to get a tubal and made a Dr.s appointment. In the meantime I got this ungodly pain and ended up on the bathroom floor in a cold sweat. I told the Dr. about this, he examined me and said, “Something's brewing”. With that he gave me a script for a sonogram to check for cysts or tumors because of the pain I had and wanting a tubal. I go to the sonogram,bladder full, (FYI: I don't do well with any kind of bladder holding). The tech came in asked what I was there for and did the exam. She asked me again why I was there and said she'd be right back. I asked if I could pee she said no. In comes another tech with her. He repeats the exam and asks what I was here for, I tell him and ask if I can pee. He tells me the Dr. in charge of radiology has to examine me, but if I could pee only a little I could. I asked if he was crazy and his answer to both questions was no. The Dr. comes in does the exam and asks why I was there, I told him. Then he says to me “What would you do if I told you, that you have a beautiful little baby growing”? My answer was, “Well I guess I'm going to have to wait”. My description of children hasn't changed but, I couldn't live without them. Oh, I left out smelly and they don't terrify me any more.


5. If you had to choose one personal object to leave behind when you are gone, what would it be?

I honestly don't know. Maybe a ring a teacher gave me for working summer school with her. Every time I take it off Lindsay steals it.

No comments:

Post a Comment