Friday, August 27, 2010

Keely Williams

1. Have you ever had a transcendent experience? If so, what happened?

I think that is depends on what you mean by a transcendent experience, but either way the answer if yes. If you mean an encounter with a transcendent being then I have had a few, most notably with the ghost lady that lives in my apartment. She likes to wander by the door of our wreck room at night in her long white gown. It sounds stereotypical but I'm not the only one who has seen her...always in exactly the same spot. We think she is the lady that lived there before us, who apparently lived in that apartment for all 90+ years of her life. Makes sense I guess, I mean where else would she go?

If you mean "beyond the limit of ordinary experience" I like to flatter myself that I have had a few of those moments on stage. Where I, however briefly, got so far into the head of a character that I completely lost myself. I would consider that transcendent.


2. If you had to pick one sense and lose all others, what would it be?

My sense of touch, no contest. There is something so powerful, even healing, about the sense of touch, I think it would be a lonely sad world without it.


3. What is your favorite attribute in a person?

Sense of humor. I think it is sooo important that people not take themselves or life too seriously. If you can make me laugh, and make me think while you are doing it then I am all yours.


4. Describe your happiest accident.

That would have to be the day I met my fiance. I was supposed to hang out with his sister and she got sick, so we went back to her apartment and I ended up spending the evening with him and his friend. In fact we ended up spending the rest of that week together and I haven't been able to shake him since. =)


5. If you had to choose one personal object to leave behind when you are gone, what would it be?

I have to say this was the hardest question for me to answer, but one object keeps coming to mind and that is my feather pillow that I slept with as a child. My grandfather gave it to me when I was 5 or 6. There was nothing special about it really, just a musty old feather pillow that he kept in a back bedroom, the kind they don't make any more because of the dander. I was very warn and the sharp shafts of the feathers used to find there way through the casing and stab me in the face. But there was something about the smell of it that was so comforting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment