Monday, August 23, 2010

James Wallace

1. Have you ever had a transcendent experience? If so, what happened?

Many times. (If I'm defining "transcendent" correctly.) Mostly they have been encounters with what I can only describe as angels. There has been more than one occasion when I have been at a very low point and needed guidance or assurance. Each time I have left that encounter with a sense of peace that called (if only temporarily) the turmoil that I was in. Other times I have felt a physical presence that has physically moved me and prevented me from injury if not death.



2. If you had to pick one sense and lose all others, what would it be?

Smell.


3. What is your favorite attribute in a person?

Understanding.


4. Describe your happiest accident.

I was working at a theme park on what was supposed to be my day off. One of our performers didn't have her identification with her and needed to be signed in. I was the nearest supervisor on duty so I took up the task. I sensed a good vibe from the girl I was signing in and we struck up a conversation. That grew and we developed a good friendship and it continued to grow. That was probably about 10 years ago. It could be called fate or an accident. I happened to be working when I shouldn't have been and she happened to forget her ID. Had those two things not have happened we may have never started talking and not have made that initial connection. She and I probably changed the life of the other and I couldn't imagine having never met her. 


5. If you had to choose one personal object to leave behind when you are gone, what would it be?

My eyes. They've seen so much beauty and I hope in some "metaphysical" way that the good I've seen would be felt by another if they could see through my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment